It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Page 21 of 22 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Federation of Australia thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:26 am 

personally i think everyone has got a point, but also everyone has problems. It;s our destiny as a code to be always run by retards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:53 pm 

MrLudic wrote:
personally i think everyone has got a point, but also everyone has problems. It;s our destiny as a code to be always run by retards

The crux of matter would be that an independent A League would solve most of these issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 am 

That's only the pointy end of the problem. It won't solve the problems around governance at state/territory federation level.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am 

r-b wrote:
That's only the pointy end of the problem. It won't solve the problems around governance at state/territory federation level.

Whilst I'm in favour of giving the A League clubs more of a say it's still very important that the state federations who represent the grassroots/NPL clubs & also who still constitute the majority of the overall game to have the bulk of the voting bloc. Reason for this is that I don't believe that the A League clubs have altruistic motives in mind behind all of this so in a way I'm surprised that the FNSW & FFV has decided on a enemy of my enemy is my friend approach when teaming with the A League clubs.
In terms of governance issues I think the problem is the down up funding that unfortunately is how things are done now in Australian football due to alot of ancillary costs imposed on the clubs by their respective state federations & the FFA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/ffa-lowy-spared-as-fifa-opts-to-extend-talks-in-australia/9226242

Football Federation Australia has avoided the imposition of a FIFA normalisation committee, with plans instead in place to establish a Congress Review Working Group.

Instead of FIFA suspending Australian football's governing body after it failed to win support for its preferred Congress model, representatives from both FIFA and AFC will be flown in to Australia to attempt to reach a resolution.

=====

That fucking slimy cunt. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 am 

Dr.Mango wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/ffa-lowy-spared-as-fifa-opts-to-extend-talks-in-australia/9226242

Football Federation Australia has avoided the imposition of a FIFA normalisation committee, with plans instead in place to establish a Congress Review Working Group.

Instead of FIFA suspending Australian football's governing body after it failed to win support for its preferred Congress model, representatives from both FIFA and AFC will be flown in to Australia to attempt to reach a resolution.

=====

Great, more time wasted on this shit.

Lowy shits me how he wants his cake and to eat it. He says he doesn't want the clubs having a say in Aus football becaus ethey have their own interests and he doesn't trust then to do teh right thing...fine but then:

- Make the a-league independant
- And if you don't trust these ppl so much, why sell them a fucking license?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:00 pm 

MrLudic wrote:
Dr.Mango wrote:

=====

Great, more time wasted on this shit.

Lowy shits me how he wants his cake and to eat it. He says he doesn't want the clubs having a say in Aus football becaus ethey have their own interests and he doesn't trust then to do teh right thing...fine but then:

- Make the a-league independant
- And if you don't trust these ppl so much, why sell them a fucking license?

I know there’s two sides to every story and some portion of the blame has to lay with the clubs and state associations, but Lowy’s arrogance and stubbornness seems to be the main factor in how deep a pile of shit we have got ourselves into.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm 

They should be finding a way for the A-League franchises to transition to proper football clubs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:49 am 

r-b wrote:
They should be finding a way for the A-League franchises to transition to proper football clubs.

Considering the FFA own pretty much everything associated with the name of the clubs & the competition they play in I don't see how that is feasible. Again, there is too much self interest from the FFA point of view here. Essentially the FFA appear to have towards the club owners "give us your money & shut the fuck up because we know what we're doing attitude" when clearly they don't. No wonder it's war.

====

Anyway despite the FFA's use of the personal pronoun to describe the formation of a working group this is clearly FIFA/AFC stepping in & offering to act as mediation between the opposing points of view. I imagine they'll encourage a resolution however if none can be found then most certainly they'll just decide the composition of the congress themselves & ignore whatever squealing both parties may carry on with.

Note the second last sentence, this ultimately will not be the FFA's decision.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am 

banned the rbb tifo..wtf?

it wasn't even bad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:38 pm 

Dr.Mango wrote:
r-b wrote:

Considering the FFA own pretty much everything associated with the name of the clubs & the competition they play in I don't see how that is feasible. Again, there is too much self interest from the FFA point of view here. Essentially the FFA appear to have towards the club owners "give us your money & shut the fuck up because we know what we're doing attitude" when clearly they don't. No wonder it's war.

At some point it will have to happen to some degree for p/r to be remotely successful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm 

55k watched the derby on FTA. That’s horrendous.

Absolute panic stations.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 pm 

MrLudic wrote:

it wasn't even bad

What was it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:17 am 

Social_Loafer wrote:
MrLudic wrote:

it wasn't even bad

What was it?

maybe the character clashed with star wars sponsor approved :lol: :facepalm:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 am 

The FFA didn't knock it back, the club did.

Page 21 of 22 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next